Sunday, August 12, 2012

Recently I was blessed with the opportunity of visiting Trimbakeshwar for the second time... Early morning 6am, walking barefoot to the “Kushavarta kunda” for the ritual bath in Godavari and thereafter running barefoot to the Temple in keeping pace with the priest was an unforgettable experience.. Even though the soles of my feet were stepping on sharp stones..they were benumbed due to cold weather..but I wanted to feel and cherish every single feeling right from under the soles of my feet to my palms touching the stone walls of the temple.. I wanted to savour each and every experience.. We sat inside the temple. (Anjan & Abheek were allowed to step into the sanctum sanctorum to pray and touch the lingam which is always submerged in ever flowing spring) I bowed to the lingam visible through its reflection on a large mirror.. The fragrance of burning incense and loud chants of devotees and priests was a divine experience… When the priest asked us to take a “pradakshina” I was once again happy to feel the stone floor of the temple courtyard under my feet.. By now the sun was rising and spreading its warm glow.. We revisited the “Kushavarta kunda” for yet another splash in holy Godavari (referred to as the Ganges flowing out of Bramhagiri mountain). The unforgettable experience though will remain etched on my mind.. I am left dissatisfied with the fact that the prayer time could not be stretched beyond…

No comments: