Sunday, August 12, 2012

I am crazy about the fragrance emanating from freshly watered earth..and I breathe lungful of it while watering the plants each day.. I exchange greetings with the multi coloured blooming dales.. I enjoy the times the birds spend with me..walking around unhesitatingly and splashing water bathing in the earthen vessel I fill for their drinking.. I play with the paws and tails that stretch and make puppy eyes inviting me for a game.. My heart sings in abandon with the soulful music rendered by some feathered friends in hiding..and I soar up in the skies with outstretched wings of the eagle.. I dance to the tune of whistling trees and savour kisses of the gentle breeze.. I rise in the morning to a tender nudge from my friend (read text messages while still in bed) and walk out in the open to embrace the warm glow of a new dawn.. I hang my prayers on the temple bells and my chants rise up with the fumes of burning incense.. I offer myself like flowers at the lotus feet, for even if they remain alive for just a day..it is a life well lived.. At dusk I wear the vermillion robe and reach out to the sinking ball of fire.. …And in the stillness of the night as the stars come down like a veil, I am swathed in the cool gleam of gentle moonlight.. As I retire, I thank God for the blessed day and pray to be cradled in His arms and put to rest..only to rise to yet another beautiful tomorrow of complete loving and living…

No comments: